Posted by Hélène Thibiéroz on January 24, 2012
As a chair(wo)man for the AMS track at DesignCon, I wanted to talk about a special event we are offering at DesignCon. We specifically created this year a tutorial to emphasize on S-parameter modeling and simulation for Signal Integrity Analysis and we contacted three senior SI engineers in this domain: Brad Brim, Sigrity; Amir H. Motamedi, Aruba Networks; Donald Telian, SiGuys.
A few key takeaways:
– Understanding S-parameter definition and implicit assumptions
– How to effectively and properly applying S-parameters for chip-centric and system-level simulation
– Understanding potential problems with measurement and simulation data
– Judging the quality of S-parameter and channels
– Troubleshooting and solving S-parameter issues in time domain simulations
– Learning strategies for conversion in transient simulators
– Constructing and applying stressed eye in a pre-hardware context; Relating simulated eye parameters to targeted BER
The tutorial can be accessed at:
(You will need to select Analog and Mixed signal verification track and half day tutorial).
If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, feel free to contact me anytime. As usual, your feedback is more than welcome !
Next, I will post an interview I conducted with Brad Brim, one of our speakers. We talked about the tutorial content as well as his experience using successfully HSPICE for Signal Integrity. See you at our next post ! A bientot !