Posted by Hannah Conrad on 16th October 2012
Guest: Jeff Ravencraft, President & COO, USB Implementers Forum, Inc.
Host: Karen Bartleson, Sr. Director, Community Marketing, Synopsys Inc.
Welcome to the Season 3 premiere of Conversation Central. We have shortened the program and added video. Please give us your feedback.
If your browser doesn’t support Flash, click here to download the show and play it locally.
To kick off Season 3, we met Jeff Ravencraft at Soup Freaks in San Francisco, California.
“USB” has become a household word, but there is an engine behind USB that consumers do not see. Here to tell you about that engine on today’s episode is Jeff Ravencraft, President & COO, USB Implementers Forum, Inc.
“Consumers love USB because it’s easy to use—it just works. . . From a standards side, the standards are open, you can download them from our site. We have certification compliance testing that we help the industry with, [and] we do a lot of education at the developer level so they can build technology that makes it easy for the consumer.”
During the show, Jeff discusses:
- Why he believes USB is ridiculously ubiquitous.
- What the USB Implementers Forum(USB-IF) is.
- How USB-IF helps both its members and non-members.
- The precautions and actions taken to protect the brand of USB.
- The agreement that adopter companies within a spec have to share their patents with one another (cross licensing).
- Where he believes the future generation of USB will bring us.
Links of Interest:
Posted in IP | Comments Off